1. Political Parties and European Integration: The Historical Perspective
2. Transnational Party Co-operation in the European Parliament: the Euro-parliamentary Groups and the Growth of Politicisation
3. The New Transnational Party Organisational Dimension and the Process towards Direct Elections
4. The National Party Frameworks and Transnational Party Co-operation
5. The Direct Elections Campaign and Transnational Party Co-operation
6. The Results of Direct Elections: A Transnational Party Perspective
7. Conclusion: Towards a European Community Party System?